Nigerian Egg Stew With Tomato Sauce
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot, when hot, lower the heat to medium.
- Add the onions and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stir for a bit and cover the pot. This is so that the tomatoes and onions do not dry up too quickly. Stir from time t time though.
- After about 5 minutes, add the ground pepper, salt, and seasoning.
- Keep stirring till the tomato is completely soft and separated from the oil.
- Slowly pour the egg in a circular motion. Do NOT stir.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low to allow the egg to “cake”. You want the egg to form lumps in the stew rather than look mushy.